Your Top Rated Local® Roofing Contractor
Imagine someone throwing a handful of quarters out their car window while they drive down the highway — and you’re the next car behind them. The damage that those quarters would do to your car would cost you a ton to fix. This is similar to what hail can do to your roof. Roof hail damage can be light or heavy. It all depends on how long the hail storm lasts and how large the hail forms. Once the storm is over, you may find yourself with a hefty hail damage repair bill.
Following a severe hail storm, you should have a few concerns:
- How did your roof fair?
- What damage did the storm cause to your roof?
- Who do you call to inspect and potentially repair any roof hail damage?
If your home sustains enough hail damage, you could start to see interior home damage due to water, wind, or critters — during the storm or at a later date. Every drop of water (or critter) that gets inside your home creates the potential for damage. This is why it’s super important that you repair your roof as soon as possible after a storm.
When you choose Arvada Roofing and Home Improvement, we will thoroughly inspect your roof to make sure that all potential damages and repairs are accounted for. We leave no shingle unturned so that you can rest assured your roof integrity is at 100%. Whether you need a roof repair or roof replacement, we’ve got you covered.
What to Expect From Roof Hail Damage Repair Services
As a homeowner, you want to know what you’re paying for. A roofing contractor inspecting your roof and telling you what needs to be repaired is somewhat arbitrary. How can you trust this contractor? How do you know they are giving you the best deal?
At Arvada Roofing and Home Improvement, we strive to earn your trust, and we do it with candid, open conversations about everything from customer service to roof repair costs. Nothing is hidden when you work with us, because we want you to get the best deal possible — and because we’re members of the community, too!
Here’s what to expect from hail damage repair services:
- Free and thorough inspection of your roof
- Free written estimate for your roof repair project
- Timely, expert roof repair services
- Unprecedented customer service
- Quality craftsmanship that will last for years
How Does Hail Damage Different Roofing Materials?
Your roof and your neighbor’s roof may be made of different materials. From asphalt shingles to slate, hail can damage your roof unique to the material you have protecting your home. What’s more, hail damage can vary based on the part of the roof it impacts, which argues that a professional roofing contractor inspection is necessary to truly understand the sustained damaged and potential repair options.
- Hail damage to asphalt shingles: When hail strikes shingles, it can crack, break, or crush the material. Most commonly found, the granules on the shingles are removed by the hail, which leaves the shingle vulnerable to further damage.
- Hail damage to wood shingles: Hail impact can crack or break wood shingles. While these shingles are not as durable as asphalt, they still have similar damage patterns. Any cracking or breaking will be along (with) the grain, which can loosen certain sections of the shingle.
- Hail damage to slate: You will notice slate roofs cracking or loosening from the roof when damage with hail.
How to Identify Hail Damage?
As mentioned above, look for cracks, breaks, crushed shingles or slate. Remember, do not get on your own roof, as it can be dangerous to walk around a recently damaged roof — and traverse the roof after it’s been hailed on due to moisture. From the yard, you should be able to see most of your roof. Look for damaged material. Also, look in your gutters. Damaged material may release granules or smaller pieces of material into your gutters, which is a sure sign you will want to repair your roof.
When to Schedule a Roofing Inspection
If you know a storm is coming, get your local roofing contractor scheduled for a roof inspection. In most cases, you won’t know you need an inspection until after the storm has started. It’s best to get on your contractor’s book as soon as possible because you’re not the only home in the area who needs to be inspected. At the very least, call your local roofing contractor to get your hail damaged roof as soon as possible. Preventing further roof and home damage costs much less than waiting for the damage to multiply.
Choose Arvada Roofing and Home Improvement
Your roof is the first and last line of defense against storms. That’s why it’s important to keep it intact at all times. Whether a storm already rolled through, or you want to get a roof inspection, give Arvada Roofing and Home Improvement a call today!